Saturday, February 16, 2013

Vegetable Garden

Post written by Raymund Tamayo


A woman was walking to a wet market for some green onions when she noticed a new vegetable garden around the corner. As she entered, she was surprised to see no bushes, no vines, and no herbs around. It was just an empty lot. A beautiful young man dressed in shining white clothing came to her, noticing her confusion.

“What can I get you, ma’am? You can ask for whatever you want,” he said.

“I want to be happy. I want peace, money, the capacity to be understood. I want to have more patience, to be strong in times of stress, and to be sensitive and more loving to other people. I want to go to heaven when I die. And I want all this to be granted to my friends too.”

The young man reached for a pot on the side of the lot, took away some grains from inside, and handed them to the woman.

“Here you have the seeds,” he said. “Begin to plant them, because here we don’t sell the fruits.”

2 comments:

  1. This is inspiring Raymond. Keep on writing. and planting seeds too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and for visiting my site, Sir Jef. I still owe you a guest post. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...