Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Simply Amazing

Post written by Raymund Tamayo


I’ve always been amazed by simple things.

First, I am amazed by the fact that I can breathe, be quiet, and sit still for a minute. There’s a calmness and peacefulness that comes with it. In stillness you learn to be content. You don’t need to eat junk food, or shop on impulse, or compare yourself to others, or to make more money to keep up with the Joneses, or to achieve power and glory, be selfish and greedy, be constantly busy and overwhelmed.

I am amazed by the fact that I can run and walk. With a brain sending commands to my legs, I rise from our couch and move to the kitchen for a drink of water. I can walk one step or a few kilometers to be with my loved ones. I can run with the wind, feeling lightness, freedom, and triumph.

I am amazed by the fact that I can listen, talk, and communicate. What an awesome ability to be able to communicate freely with other human beings. Whether be it by talking, gesturing, or writing. Also, hearing different sounds and enjoying the music of life is another wonderful skill we take for granted.

Nothing in the world compares to doing these things, and I thank my God every day for these gifts.

A few things of beauty, when stripped of the excesses, are allowed to shine, to then create a whole that is better than a whole of too many less important things.

Cut back to a few important tasks and your work will be transformed. Do only a few things in life and those things will breathe and take on an importance they never had before. They will create a life that is not only better but is a truer expression of yourself.

Isn’t it amazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...