Monday, April 28, 2014

I Thank You For Your Grace

Poem written by Raymund Tamayo


Photo source: blog.caranddriver.com

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR GRACE

I thank you for your grace
and your mercies, Lord,
because it keeps me moving on.
I thank you for the unbroken foot this month
and leaving me with no more bruises
on a tired and weary heart.

Sometimes tied up in traffic
I’m grateful for the music on my radio
that takes me from the busyness of the season
and carries me back home to the silence
and stillness and serenity
of You (one thing
I can’t live without).
It’s then I realize how blessed life is
when lived with You.

The traffic breaks.
My attention goes back
to what the moment
and the season
demands.
I thank you for your everlasting grace
and mercies, Lord.

(December 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...