Saturday, January 16, 2016

Create in Me a Clean Heart

Posted by Raymund Tamayo

Photo source: revivenations.org
“Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.” – Psalm 51:10
We often think of our heart as our “love” organ, where in fact it is our “life” line. It is the organ which works to make blood flow within our veins, keeping us alive physically. The blood that keeps our body alive in the flesh flows through our veins, and as Christians, the royal blood of our master, Jesus, also flows through our innermost being, giving us eternal life and a changed life.

WASH ME THOROUGHLY

“Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me” (Psalm 51:2-3). Before we take actions to correct any "damage" we think we may have done, be sure to get God to purge the dirt in our hearts first or we'll end up complicating things even more because we don't have the proper vertical perspective.

DAILY RENEWAL


“Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me by Your generous Spirit” (Psalm 51:11-12). We all need a daily renewal of our spirit. Discard everything (good and bad) and run hard to Jesus afresh. The best thing for anyone to experience is to be broken by the Lord Himself. A man who seeks after God's own heart knows this and is glad for it.

Final Notes:


Ask for His joy to be upon us. True joy and gladness must come from the Lord Himself. They do not come from fixing our deficiencies/mistakes and patching things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...