Monday, July 23, 2012

The Best Things in Life Aren’t Things

Post written by Raymund Tamayo


It’s the Monday after Easter, and we’re celebrating National Heroes Day in the Philippines. It’s still a holiday and I’m here in our kitchen having breakfast, with my wife tending to our two-week-old son Rafa, while my five-year-old daughter Ryah is silently watching “The Secrets of the Furious Five.”

It’s in moments like these when I realize that the best things in life are not things.

Who needs a BMW to be happy? Or fancy clothes, a grandiose house, huge bank account, or an LCD TV? I don’t have any of those, but I’m perfectly happy with who and where I am right now.

It’s not an ecstatic form of happiness where tears of overwhelming joy fall down on my cheeks. They happen. But what I feel now is a joy that comes from love, contentment, and peace.

For me, the best things in life aren’t things. Actually, they are invisible, life-giving, and eternal.

I’m sorry if this post is too short, as I’d want to get back to my family quickly. :) Happy day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...