Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Healthy Body and Spirit

Post written by Raymund Tamayo


In a life-long pursuit of spiritual growth, one must not overlook physical health. Because whether we admit it or not we are here in a physical world, and it requires a physical body to make most of work here done.

Being healthy is a lifestyle. It’s not just a one-time walk on the track and field oval or a one-time pass from sugary soda drinks.

Discipline is needed to sustain such a lifestyle. Discipline to exercise regularly, eat healthy food and in moderation, and have enough rest.

Why strive to be Physically Healthy?

If you ask me, I want to keep my body physically healthy so I can have enough strength and energy to serve my Creator and fulfill my life purposes.

I want to have enough rest so I can have quality time to pray, read God’s Word, to keep my spirit well-fed and strong.

I cannot serve God and fulfill my life purposes effectively if I am sluggish and sickly…

Keeping our Emotional Tank Full

Don’t you know that our physical health directly affects our emotional health, and then affects our spirituality?

In this previous post, I shared a video from Dr. Wayne Cordeiro, founder and senior pastor of New Hope Christian Fellowship in Honolulu, Hawaii.

He said there that each of us have our own personal “emotional tank” that needs to be kept full to minimize stress and to be effective in our responsibilities.

It’s All in the Mind

As in every aspect of life, discipline is needed for growth and improvement. It starts in our mind. Our thoughts influence our feelings and actions.

Let us ask God to help us be mentally mature in resisting the urge to overeat and overwork, and to give us discipline in exercising consistently.

I pray for all of you, dear readers, to have a healthy physical body free from illnesses, and a strong spirit resistant to temptations. Please, also pray for me.

3 John 1:2

New Living Translation (NLT)
Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit.

2 comments:

  1. emotional health may affect your physical health too. that's why it is important to take care of yourself. they said EFT is good for emotional health. Have you heard about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Catherine. Yes, I agree that emotional well-being is important. I haven't heard about EFT.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...