Saturday, June 8, 2013

Choose to be Happy

Post written by Raymund Tamayo


Monday mornings are usually the hardest mornings to wake up to.

The thought of having to go to work tends to bring me down.

I wanted to spend time with my family than go to work – but you work to provide for your family – my mind argues with itself. 

Mondays are most difficult because I’ve been very comfortable and joyful in the presence of my wife and children during the weekend, it seems like I can’t stand being away from them again.




Whenever I have these kinds of thoughts, I go to God’s Word and remind my self that this is the day that the Lord has made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it.

I say it to the congregation every Sunday during worship, and I still have to remind myself every Monday morning going to work.

I want to be happy, I want to receive God’s joy, I want to be thankful, I want to be excited going to work because I know God is blessing me thru it and He has a purpose for me in that place.

It’s easy to come up with excuses to not be happy, but God never intended for us to put off our happiness.

That’s why King David said, “This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.” He was saying, “This is the day to be happy; not tomorrow, not when the weather clears up. Not next week, when I don’t have to work so hard. Not next month, when I make it through this difficult time.”

No, choose to honor the Lord right now by choosing to enjoy your life because this is the day that He has made!

Happiness is a choice. God wants us to be happy.

When we wake up each morning, God sends us a special delivery of joy. It comes knocking at our door.

When we get up in faith and make the declaration that “this is going to be a good day,” do you know what we just did? We just answered the door.

Note: The following are some pictures of me at work. Shown here is a typical Monday morning of facilitating office team building activities. It's easy to see that I enjoy my work. I just thought I'd share these in case you're curious. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...