Saturday, April 23, 2016

Whatever God is, God does

Posted by Raymund Tamayo

Photo source: walthope.wordpress.com 
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." – James 1:17

It is impossible for God to act inconsistently with His character. In other words, whatever God is, God does.

I CAN RELY ON GOD

For example, I may be a patient person, but I still have impatient moments. Not God, the great “I AM” is always the same, patient and loving. I can rely on Him 100% of the time to be consistent to His character.

GOD MEETS OUR NEEDS

There is no burden or need that I have that His character can’t meet. He doesn’t have days off or suddenly decide to treat me differently. In fact, He is able to do much more than I could ever think or ask.

When I need a loving parent, He is my “Abba” Father (Romans 8:15). When I am feeling insecure, He is my “sure foundation” (Isaiah 28:16). When I’m thirsty, He is my “spring” of living water (John 4:14). When I'm vulnerable, He is able to “keep [me] from falling” (Jude 24). When I’m lost or confused, He is my “light” and my “salvation” (Psalm 27:1).

CHOOSE TO DEPEND ON GOD ALL THE TIME

I get into trouble when I try to meet my needs and my family’s needs all by myself! When I focus on God’s amazing sufficiency, I find more than enough. Praise God!

Final Notes:

A prayer: Lord, I ask You to reveal to me an aspect of Your character every time I feel that I have a burden or need. Put more faith in my heart that You will always be there for me. Thank You, Father, for you are worthy. You are worthy to be praised and adored. Blessed be Your name, oh Lord! In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...