Thursday, November 15, 2012

Holding on Through the Seasons

Post written by Raymund Tamayo


There are some times when life can be hard. Confucius said that “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”

Okay, he is one of the smartest persons who ever lived. Hurray.

But in reality, no matter how simply we live, there will always be tough times. There are always seasons that hit us harder than others. I think it’s an inescapable fact of life.

For me and my family, this is such a season.

But I find solace in the truth that this is just, actually, for a season, and that our God is in control of everything.

Call it apathy or faith, but I want to believe on the latter.

Since Denielle and I got married, this season has been longer than ever before. Yes, there are a lot of people who have it a lot harder than we do, in fact I can think of two or three right now. I wish for them all the best.

But sometimes when reserves are low and tiredness creeps in, everything is magnified. When your family’s health, finances, and relationships are affected, you break down.

Sometimes it feels like drowning. It feels like giving up and losing hope. But I’ve learned to not put my hope in any external factor like my job, or other people, or even myself.

Human strength fails. Human spirit fails. Human resolve and determination ultimately fail. Only God can move us beyond the natural into the supernatural.

I know, sometimes this is hard to believe, especially to logical thinkers. I agree with you, especially when you go through times of trouble that you can’t see any light at the end of any kind of tunnel.

Then again, sometimes logic fails (as I oftentimes experience) and the illogical happens, and you just find yourself open-mouthed amazed how in time everything turns out well. As if some unseen hand guided you and took you through the passing storm.

I imagine that time when this difficult season is over, when the tempest has passed, when the sun is shining bright again.

But while I’m in here, waiting in the storm, I will choose to be grateful. I will choose to be calm and quiet. I will choose to feel blessed, and hopeful, and strong.

While I’m waiting, I will choose to carry on with courage and confidence. I will choose to walk the path of love, obedience, and righteousness.

Though it’s painful, I will choose to put my trust and hope in God. I will choose to continue to love and worship Him. He has never failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...