Monday, August 6, 2012

No More Cloudy Days – How to Mend a Broken Heart and Learn to Love Again

Post written by Raymund Tamayo


Prologue

Have you ever been heart-broken?

You’re not alone. I once did.

Banged up, beat down, battered, and broken.

Most of us went through this painful experience at one time or another.

You could turn this curse into a blessing by learning to open up your heart and love again.

Mending a Broken Heart

It’s sad how many times loving relationships end up with broken hearts. When a relationship ends, it takes a toll on the self-esteem of a person and may take months, if not years to recover.

For me, it took months before I started to smile again. More than 5 years before it all started to heal. And another 5 years to be completely restored.

In all those years, I’ve learned that it takes time for our hearts to mend. That the deeper you love the person, the more painful it is when he/she is gone, and the longer it will take for you to find yourself again.

Learning to Love Again

There are 3 things I did to mend my broken heart and love again:

  1. Released forgiveness. I didn’t only forgive the person who hurt me, but I also forgave myself for all the wrong things I felt during the relationship. Sometimes what hinders us from moving on is the anger we feel towards our selves, thinking that we didn’t do enough in saving the relationship. Forgiveness is a gift we give ourselves. It is necessary to really be free.

  1. Rebuilt my self-esteem. I realized that I could only really let go and move on with life if I settled everything with myself first. As long as I don’t realize my true worth and value, I could never take away the pain of loss. I embarked on the journey to find my real purpose in life, and with it I’ve found self-worth and healing.

  1. Kept my heart open to love. This is the most important part. I don’t think I would have found love again if I hadn’t kept my heart open for it. Remaining in love is having faith. As the song goes, “it’s the lover, not the love, who broke your heart last night.”

No More Cloudy Days

I will leave you with this wonderfully soothing song from The Eagles, No More Cloudy Days.

I dedicate this song to my wife, Denielle. With whom there are no more cloudy days.


NO MORE CLOUDY DAYS   Eagles

Sitting by a foggy window
Staring at the pouring rain
Falling down like lonely teardrops
Memories of love in vain

These cloudy days, make you wanna cry
It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why

I can see that you’ve been hurting, baby I’ve been lonely too
I’ve been out here lost and searching, looking for a girl like you
Now I believe the sun is gonna shine
Don’t you be afraid to love again, put your hand in mine…

Baby, I would never make you cry
I would never make you blue
I would never let you down
I would never be untrue

I know a place where we can go where true love always stays
There’s no more stormy nights, no more cloudy days

I believe in second chances
I believe in angels, too
I believe in new romances
Baby, I believe in you
These cloudy days are coming to an end
And you don’t have to be afraid to fall in love again

Baby, I would never make you cry
I would never make you blue
I would never turn away
I would never be untrue
I know a place where we can go where true love always stays
No more stormy nights, no more cloudy days

Epilogue

“Sometime in July the sun did shine
 And life on earth became worth living once again.”
                   - Sometime in July
 (Poem by Raymund Tamayo, July 2002)


Wishing you all warm nights through these cold rainy days. I know you have your own story to tell. Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments. :)

4 comments:

  1. i can relate dito kuya...hahah buti na lang andyan si Lord palagi! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing that helped me survive is friends and family. Oftentimes, the person you confide with or talk to about your day is your boyfriend or girlfriend. He/she becomes your bestfriend. It's difficult when you break up coz it's a little like losing a limb you're so used to having.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi rae, :)

      yes, i agree with you. thanks for stopping by.

      you haven't been blogging lately?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...